What services does Data Central provide for teams?
Data Central provides a number of services designed to help science teams throughout the whole data life-cycle, from proposal phase to the final publication of science-ready data. Some of the most useful services are listed below, but feel free to contact us if you have any specific needs.
Currently, to create a team on Data Central, you log in to our Teams Portal, and request a new team. You can provide details about which team services you require.
Our current suite of team services include:
- Long term survey hosting and data release management
- Telescope raw data archives
- Facility proposal management (Lens)
- Mailing lists (part of theTeams Portal)
- Hosted storage with Data Central Cloud.
- Collaborative editing through Data Central Cloud
- An instant messaging service similar to Slack
- Team wikis
- Document Central (public documentation for surveys)
- David Malin Image Archive
and we have assisted teams with other tools such as providing computation and storage for running data reduction pipelines, managing servers and archiving telescope and student data. Contact us if you would like to know more about any of these services.